IP mapping on firewall and outside firewall

I have connected a Tandberg video conference equipment outside the firewall and assigned a real IP say, 202.195.123.123 to it. I only turn on the video conference equipment when we need to use it.

Now I have a test server which is protected by the Netscreen-25 firewall and need to do some testing using a real IP. I don't want to rent an IP for such temporary purpose. As the IP for the video conference equipment is seldom used, I intend to map this IP on the Netscreen-25 firewall to the testing server.

I would like to know if doing this, when I turn on the Tandberg video conference equipment, will it cause any problem? If someone tries to connect to 202.195.123.123, will it connect to the Tandberg equipment or the internal test server?

I know that I could just remove the mapping on the Netscreen when I need to use the Tandberg equipment, but it will mean that I want to save the trouble.

Reply to
meow
Loading thread data ...

What protocols are on the test server?

Reply to
Rick

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.