Beware of Polycom

(Sorry for my english)

They do not want to make technical service for products they call "faded out", in practice all their products not in the actual list price.

This unfair behaviour offers good reasons to say "Don't buy Polycom any more !"

Reply to
Nio ®
Loading thread data ...

It is difficult to find a video conference vendor that doesn't do this. I recently purchased a Tandberg Gatekeeper and Border Controller with the belief that I could connect back into my network from an endpoint. Tandberg only supports the newest MXP systems for firewall traversal through the BC. They also have dropped support for older models of video conferencing equipment as well. It is six of one and half a dozen of the other. VC gear is always going to be a luxury item and they will price it as such.

Big John

Nio =AE wrote:

Reply to
Big John

"Big John" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... It is difficult to find a video conference vendor that doesn't do this. I recently purchased a Tandberg Gatekeeper and Border Controller with the belief that I could connect back into my network from an endpoint. Tandberg only supports the newest MXP systems for firewall traversal through the BC. They also have dropped support for older models of video conferencing equipment as well. It is six of one and half a dozen of the other. VC gear is always going to be a luxury item and they will price it as such.

Big John ......................................................

If Tandberg is in the same way, it is not a good reason to do that. I as a dealer of VDC equipments have to make my interest and that of my customers

In the future I will buy and resell Sony and Aethra systems only.

They are much more serious than Polycom and (as you say) Tandberg. I am shure that in long term this will pay.

Reply to
Nio ®

i very much agree for the above stment on aethra and sony but a new line named marconi is also not to be left out ..... its hard time dat polycom shld get bit professional and serve quality ....and for tandberg to get some cost reduced for the same thing dat others can afford to deliver the end user.....very much +ve towards the new player in brking the monopoly for old players ... i wish em all my best

------------ desi_VC

Nio =AE wrote:

Reply to
desi_VC

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.