How do I nuke Open Web Search?

Have you tried...

Tools | Internet Options | Programs Tab | "Reset Web Settings"?

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster
Loading thread data ...

This is why you should keep a backup image with Ghost, and ghost your machines on a regular bassis. I ghost my machines once a month.

Reply to
Charles Newman

Hey everyone -

I have downloaded 4 different adware/spyware programs to get rid of this bugger, and none of them have worked. It opens when I open Internet Explorer, and I can't figure out what to do. Curiously, I can't find any links about how to eliminate this virus either. Any ideas?

JPompa

Reply to
JPompa

A month of work is a lot to loose, don't you think?

My Windows systems have ghost incrementals scheduled every 4 hours.

Reply to
Triffid

If you back up daily and ghost monthly, you lose a day when your machine fries, not a month.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Nope. Not really. Ghost doesn't get rid of anything. If the machine has a virus when you ghost it, it will have a virus when you refresh it.

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

I do that. I backup daily, and my machine is ghosted monthly. Ghosting the machines gets rid viruses and other malware that might slip past anti-virus software.

Reply to
Charles Newman

You are confusing the issue by using the word "ghost" as a verb, without indicating whether you mean creating an image, or restoring from that image. You may have thought you made it clear by the use of "refresh", but that verb could just as easily mean "re-image".

To be clear - if you create a Ghost image of an infected system, when you restore that image, it will still be infected. The only way that Ghost clears out viruses is if you restore an image of an uninfected system onto a system that was previously infected. At least, I think that's what you were trying to say.

Alun. ~~~~ [Please don't email posters, if a Usenet response is appropriate.]

Reply to
Alun Jones

Well, not really. I was saying that Ghost doesn't "clear out" any virus, ever!

-Frank

Reply to
Frankster

Huh?

Ghost makes an exact copy of your drive partition(s) - no more, no less. How could you possibly think it 'gets rid' of anything?

Triffid

Reply to
Triffid

.... but if you Ghost every N hours, you stand to loose no more than N hours, and don't need any other backups.

Triffid

Reply to
Triffid

formatting link
HTH, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.