ZAP 6 - Any way to turn off OS protection?

I've been using ZAP 6 for a while now and realized that the OS protection messages add no value at all to my protection. I have no idea what all of the different OS alert messages mean and would prefer not to have them. I could easily compromise my own system by answering yes when I should answer no. Most of them come up in relation to something I initiated so they really just serve to slow me down anyway.

Are there any simple, but effective firewalls out there? I really liked ZAP, but am willing to consider alternatives.

Reply to
bd
Loading thread data ...

You should be able to just turn off that OS Firewall stuff. Look around in the interface. Set it to Low or whatever and just turn it off. ZAP is a decent firewall, but sometimes excessive popups can be more annoying than useful. Also, when you first install it, it should give you more popups but once you answer them, it should settle down and you ought to see less or none.

Reply to
Kerodo

Good idea. So remove Zonealarm and use the Windows-Firewall instead.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.