Smarthome Manager Plus

I've been using Smarthome Manager Plus and the 1132cu modules for years. About 6 months ago, I started getting the following message in a small window, after giving the download command: "SHUtils.dll missing - cannot download tree However, the instructions will be downloaded" If I click on OK, it finishes and the download was successful. I looked in the c:\program files (x86)\smarthome\smarthome manager directory and there was a SHUtils1.dll file, but no SHUtils.dll file. So, I renamed the file to eliminate the 1 character and tried again. It worked. The next time I got the same message. This time both files were in the smarthome manager directory. BTW, this is installed under W7 and it used to always come up asking if I wanted smarthome to make changes to my computer. A yes, and all was fine. Now I don't get that; it just opens, but gives the error when trying to download. I know this program is not directly compatible with W7, however, using the install features of W7, which allow XP programs to run under W7, it said it was ok. And, as I said, has worked perfectly for years. Any ideas? Thanks.

Reply to
Art Todesco
Loading thread data ...

Mine continues to work well under Windows 7 x64 with all the latest updates. My dll has the 1 in it (ie, SHUtils1.dll). It is dated

3/8/2004 1:51pm and its size is 451KB. I never had any of the pop-ups you mention, but I run as an administrator and am not using UAC. A while back, I figured out a lot of the 1132cu protocol and wrote my own code to perform a lot of the functions. However, I never figured out how to download so I still use Smarthome Manager Plus for that. It only gets used a few times per year, but it always seems to work.

Pat

Reply to
Pat

Yup, mine is similar. Only the time is different, 4:03PM. It always ran perfectly, as I said, until a few months ago. And it still runs ok, I just get the error/warning. I know there are few in this group still listening, but maybe someone will have some ideas. I'll keep playing with it.

Reply to
Art Todesco

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.