FTP and corporate firewalls

I can't connect to my new Web site. I'm using a corporate laptop at home, which goes through my DSL to the corporate server. When I try to publish through NVU and Bulletproof, I get an error message that says the server is not available or the host cannot be found.

I tried it on my wife's home computer, and NVU and Bulletproof connected just fine. So I'm guessing it's something to do with the corporate server. On the off chance that it had something to do with my Zone Alarm, I turned it off. Still no connection.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
skyf
Loading thread data ...

Your corporate network is properly keeping you from doing unauthorized things on the corporate network.

If you want to do personal things, do them on your personal hardware/network.

Reply to
Leythos

Either ask the corporate admin for permission, or don't use the company network for your private stuff.

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Are you using internet explorer to post these files?

If so there is a setting in IE in the advanced section that talks about using passive mode for FTP check that setting on your wife's PC and yours and that should solve your problem.

Reply to
Chad Mahoney

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.