Firewall/Router that blocks access to all websites except those specified

Hey guys,

I'm trying to find a router that will allow me to block all websites except those I specified. I found that d-link routers have this function but they only allow 10 allowable domains, I called tech support to see if there was an upgrade or anything that could be done to increment the number, they said no.

I need a router that will allow 15-30 allowable domains.

Anyone have any experience or recommendations. Also, most routers have the url filtering function, but only have the option to enter forbidden domains. In my configuration I need to add allowable domains and block access to everything else.

Take Care and thanks for the help, LT

Reply to
Wopster
Loading thread data ...

Take the easy way out, and use something like Websense or SurfControl. You can select the categories of content and be done. Just set it and forget it.

Reply to
Charles Newman

A Fortigate will allow you to whitelist more than 10 domains and blacklist the rest. You can even use string matches or wildcard matches for your blocks or permits.

You could also do it by policy based on IP.

You could also use category blocking on the Fortigate if you decided to do that.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

Have you priced websense recently?

Putting 15 whitelisted sites in your firewall is difficult?

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

But Websense, Surfcontrol, and similar programs are so much easier. It is the easiet way to do it. Just set and forget.

Reply to
Charles Newman

X-No-Archive: Yes

I am one of those who sees convenience as worth the extra cost, no matter how much that cost is.

Reply to
Charles Newman

So, you think putting up a file server, installing an application, configuring your firewall to interface with it, and putting your list in, is easier than putting the list in a single browser page directly on the firewall? And paying thousands of extra dollars for the privledge to boot?

Intersting viewpoint.

-Russ.

Reply to
Somebody.

No, you're a clueless idiot wannabe who hasnt a iota as to how much a site license for Websense costs.

greg

Reply to
Greg Hennessy

You could look at Smartfilter and Cut your cost in Half !!!!!

Reply to
Ipeefreely

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.