How's Comodo firewall doing?

Anyone using Comodo's firewall v 2.0. It's been very quite lately since it's been out. I hope the testers have some information to share with us.

Reply to
Wayne
Loading thread data ...

Wayne wrote in news:lvednbEVVuaj8t snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

No news is good news I guess. I've been using it for a few weeks. I thought I had a problem with one of it's leaktests but it my fault because of a rule I made.

So far, it's been running very smoothly on my WinXP SP2 machine. Alerts when programs have been updated, when programs try to launch other programs, etc. I like it so far. I have a 2 year license with Outpost Pro but had some issues. If Comodo keeps running smoothly, I doubt I'll go back to Outpost.

Reply to
Neon Knight

Does it matter? Leaktests are bullshit.

So? Did you do some auditing? How does it react to certain potential DoS conditions?

Bad.

Very bad.

It's obviously defective, yet you like it?

OUCH!

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Have you arguments ?

Why ? Explain please.

Why? You should tell us.

Trolling ?

Reply to
Jo Kerr

With Admin rights it's always trivial to circumvent, with limited rights you can utilize all kinds of scripting mechanisms (Windows Messages, MFC+ATL+AFX, OLE, (Net)DDE, COM+) to change the behaviour of trusted programs.

You might think a little bit about why even Linux netfilter has a related/etablished-allow-rule in the default script.

Just in case you didn't get it: Application control doesn't work!

The message is obviously useless. If I want updates, then they're allowed. If I don't want updates, I disable them in the program's configuration dialog.

It intercepts certain system calls and creates all kinds of slowness, incompatibilities and dead-locks for achieving NOTHING. Any malicious program can easily make the default explorer shell start every program on behalf of it.

Reply to
Sebastian Gottschalk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.