Firewall Advice

Bit Twister wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@wb.home.invalid:

I'm low on resources. The computer is low on resources.

Maybe you missed the first part of my postings here.

Here's the system: 5+ year old laptop (Gateway), @200 meg ram, 6 gig HD with about 500 megs free (on a good day. Yesterday, before Disk Cleanup and Defrag, C Drive Properties said 178 meg free!) Dial-up connection.

Do you, or someone else have the link for the free version of Zone Alarm? I assume (luv that word) it's smaller than the retail Big Daddy version.

Reply to
Janice
Loading thread data ...

True, sorry.

That limits the p*rn xfers. Does make a little harder for running traces through logs since you probably get a new ip address on each connect.

Not, me I don't do Microsoft. ZA only blocks inbound and outbound connections, not viruses and has been known to have been dsiabled by viruses in the past. Not to mention if crackers dinks it up some how.

Reply to
Bit Twister

I'll applaud.

Agreed. An airbag is not a replacement for learning to drive safely.

Thor

Reply to
Thor Kottelin

Chuck wrote in news:9mblh01kugrv1mbjjo0qmpt5032biqbnhe@

4ax.com:

I went to the link above which you provided.

Went through the 'clicks' to get to the 'Download' button for the free software.

Clicked on Download. New page opens. The following is in the Address line:

formatting link
The computer stops. (It doesn't 'freeze.' It just stops!) No dl. Nadda. Zip. Nothing. The little ATT glode ain't spinnin'. Nothing.

The damn page just sits there looking at me.

This has happened before on the same dl. Went to PC Magazine's web site and found this. Same stuff happened.

A friend emailed me a link, just like you did. Clicked on the link, went through the steps, got to Download, clicked on Download, same......different day! The glode ain't spinnin'.

Need the damn thing, but other than that, computers make reeeeeeally nice door stops!

Reply to
Janice

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.