Firebox III/700 Blocking PDFs!

Hey All,

I have a WG Firebox III/700 that is blocking PDF attachments from a specific domain. I even went so far as to allow "*/*" attachments and is still going on.

Any clues where to go from here?

TIA

Reply to
MeTed
Loading thread data ...

Look at the "Traffic Monitor" and see what RULE is blocking the PDF, then look and see what type it's being detected as, then add an exception for that type.

Reply to
Leythos
[Attachment denied by WatchGuard SMTP proxy (type "application/pdf", filename "4857.pdf")]

Reply to
MeTed

Then you need to add "application/pdf" to the approved file type to the "SMTP Proxy" you setup.

Then save the image, full image, and reboot the firewall.

Reply to
Leythos

Thanks for the help. However, I already have that entry in the SMTP Proxy. Now, when I saved the new image to the Firebox, it said "changes completed without reboot". Do you suggest rebooting the Firebox as well?

Reply to
MeTed

Pick the flash option where you actually reload the entire image, the Save to Firebox, check the "Save Configuration and New Flash Image".

Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.