Reviving a Firebox III 700

I am trying to reactivate a Firebox III 700 which we bought some time ago and have never been able to use.

We have recently found a copy of the original software it came with, a crossover LAN cable but not the serial cable, and the software is apparently not the version which is currently running on the hardware. I don't know what version is on the firebox but I imagine it must be the latest to which the previous owner was entitled.

Unfortunately my LiveSupport has run out and I cannot access the latest software from WatchGuard's website.

In order to try and access the Firebox via TCP/IP on a known IP address, we have done a cold reset, and the Firebox came back up on

The problem is that the image created by the version 7.0.B1366 software we do have does not seem to be compatible with whats on the Firebox, and now having managed to upload a config file to the box, when the box reboots and comes back up, it does not come up on either 192.168.253.1 or the address in the config file (192.168.16.1), so we cannot connect to it to set it up.

I would have liked to download the latest software from your WatchGuard's site but cannot as it became available after the LiveSecurity subscription ran out. I also cannot find any software issued before that on their site, to which I am entitled without renewing the subscription.

We would really like to put this machine to work for us and I don't want to pay for LiveSupport until I have at least seen that the Firebox works.

Can anyone help me please?

I am not asking anyone to give me a copy of their software, but maybe you could let me have a config file I can upload so that I can access the Firebox and get it working?

Terence.

Reply to
terencem
Loading thread data ...

All you need to do is load the 7.0 software from the CD onto your computer, then upload a default config.

All versions of 7.0 work, so you have to be doing something wrong. If you build the "DEFAULT" WG config, upload it, let it reboot, you WILL be able to access the firewall with version 7.0 software.

I have several III/700 and III/1000 units and that all worked with 7.0 software.

Reset the unit to factory defaults, use a NETWORK SWITCH, assign your PC a fixed IP 192.168.253.10, 255.255.255.0, no default GW, then when it flashes and reboots, assign yourself 192.168.16.90, 255.255.255.0,

192.168.16.1 (provided you used 192.168.16.1/24 as the Trusted).
Reply to
Leythos

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.