Connecting to VPN hotel(client side) to house(server side)

i recently move to indonesia and staying in a hotel .. got free internet connection in the room im staying ..... hotspot type need to login on a redirect webpage before u can access other stuff ... having unique dyanmic lan ip 10.0.x.x ... i noticed when i use it .. it is somewhat filtered because i cant establish IRC connection using MIRC ... says connection refused i tried several servers even different network same result ... i tried online games it seems its block too .. wondering if i can run a vpn on my pc at home (server side).. so i can tunnel myself to establsh connection such as irc n onlie games ... i tried the WInxp vpn server i think pptp type .. i wasnt able to connect it says unreachable .. server side setup .Winxp VPN server directly connected to the broadband modem ..... my mom got vpn access .. she can connect using her laptop ..using cisco vpn client ... i saw it is using IPsec/UDP and IPsec/TCP 10000 .... though i cant use it because it corporate and im pretty sure its filtered also ..... i would like to know what 3rd party software server and client side i can use.... as much as possible the freeware or and it isnt its ok to right it down ... is it really possible to tunnel my way so i can establish IRC connection and can play onlie games??

Reply to
powertrip
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.