Comcast Security Manager

How does it compare to ZA, Spybot,AdAware,SpywareBlaster, and popup blockers that are free?

It is free for ComCast Internet customers and comes in one package. Any user comments? It contains, I believe: Parental Control Firewall Pop-up stopper Spyware and adware detectors and removal Thanks. PS: I currently use a router with a hardware firewall,ZA-pro, Spybot, AdAware, SpywareBlaster, and NSW 2003 (I know, I know). Thanks

Reply to
Buffalo
Loading thread data ...

Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Buffalo

Reply to
Wayne

My recommendation is you carefully read the Security Form posts at Comcast.net. There you'll find a wealth of information about Comcast's Security Manager. Bottom line is that the concensus opinion of those who have been unfortunate enough to try it is it's a P.O.S.

Reply to
optikl

I'll check it out. I suspected something on that order. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Buffalo

I would pass on the Comcast suite. My experience with it/them has been really (!) sub-optimal. No support and many issues. Just my $.02.

Nosguy(at)comcast(dot)net Let's kill Spyware everywhere... I recommend:

formatting link

Reply to
a

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.