CheckPoint SmartCenter error Fingerprint

Hi to all, I've a checkpoint NG1 installed as my principal fw. Today when I try to login with my SmartDashboard I recived a warried message about fingerprint.

----------- Warning: The Fingerprint of the SmartCenterServer "(my server address)" was changed. To protect against impersonation of your SmartCenter server, compare the new Fingerprint:

XXX XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX (some casual words)

to the one displayed in the cofiguration tool on the SmartCenter server. Do you approve this Fingerprint as valid?

-----------

Help me!!!! Thanks! :-(

Gamzatti

Reply to
gamzatti
Loading thread data ...

Is this the first time you logged onto Smartdashboard from that machine to the Smartcenter in question. This message is normally seen for the first time a particular Smartdashboard makes its connection to the Smartcenter. You should have the fingerprint available from when the Smartserver was installed and/or updated. I believe a hotfix applied to the Smartcenter will in some circumstances cause a new fingerprint to be generated

Reply to
rick

HI, is not the first time tha I loggin in the Smartdashboard. The problem of fingerprint is born in a normaly day. I use ChechPoint every day .... ANd I didnt installed hotfix or upgrade.

The news finger print is strange. Contains some word for example FEET AMEN ONUS BEFF BART....... It's normally?

Reply to
gamzatti

According to the checkpoint documentation, you see this fingerprint the first time a particular GUI client connects to the smartcenter. I see it the first time I put the GUI client on a new box

The pattern you see is expected. You can go to the Checkpint Smartcenter server and use the cpconfig command to see the fingerprint for that server. It should be the same as the fingerprint you see in the GUI client.

If the GUI client always asks for the fingerprint you may wish to open a case with Checkpoint since this is not normal

Rick

Reply to
rick

Thanks!!! I've controlled the fingerprint with the cpconfig command! It's all ok!

Thanks!!!!!

gam

Reply to
gamzatti

Hi, I'm with the same problem, can you tell what steps you needed t

follow to "fix" your fingerprint??? Thank

Reply to
dgazineu

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.