can not access mozilla firefox internet web site when norton security is on

When I have converted internet access from Internet explorer to mozilla firefox I was able to access to internet without any problem. On that time I was using Mc Caffee security system. Later on ny computer the got virus, I cleaned up my hard drive with the help of HP people. This time I used norton disk for security; because I had the disk from them. Now I at not able to access to mozilla firefox web site. Accessing is possible only If I turn the security system off. I know this is not a healthy way of accessing internet. I had bought and downloaded Mc Caffee thru the Internet. During the cleaning up of my computer that program was also removed from the hard disk.When I sent email for the help they didn't give me any respond. I have "Norton Internet Security" and "Norton Goback" in the computer. One time I have removed the only "Norton internet security" and downloaded back. Still I have the same problem. I will appreciate very much If somebody helps me.

Reply to
frankbarton
Loading thread data ...

OK, GOTO 10.

Flatten and rebuild. Forget "Norton InSecurity" or "McAfee InSecurity". Just set up a clean system. Keep the Windows-Firewall activated.

Everything should work now. And: that's it.

And if you want to have a virus scanner, try to get a lean one without all such stuff, which only is f*cking up your PC.

Sorry, this is the only help I can give, because this is the only way you should go IMHO.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Thank you for the responding my question. Now, how can I activate Windows-Firewall while my default web site is Mozilla Firefox. Thanks

Volker Birk wrote:

Reply to
frankbarton

Windows-Firewall and your browser don't interfere.

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Could you please tell me step by step how to activate Windows-Firewall on my computer. Thanks, Frank

Reply to
frankbarton

First: What operating system do you have?

Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Operating system on my computer is Windows XP, Service Pack 2. Thanks, Frank

Reply to
frankbarton

Windows-Firewall should be activated by default. You can check this here:

formatting link
Yours, VB.

Reply to
Volker Birk

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.