Broadband not accesible on network.

Hi freinds,

I have got a typical problem which so many people face with broadband connections in SOHO sometimes. Whats happening is that i have a Port-to-Port wired broadband connection which is ADSL USB modem to connect to main server computer in my network. I have installed Windows XP Home on both server and client computer which are connected directly through a network cable in crossed connection and network cards.

All the sites are perfectly available on server computer but sites like Yahoo Mail, Citibank India account login sites donot work and so many other sites are not accesible there. Norton LiveUpdate works fine. Windows update works fine but windows update page donot open. Does any one have a solution.

Thanks Vikas

Reply to
vikaslaxmi
Loading thread data ...

Windows

directly

Reply to
Miguelfv

Windows

directly

Reply to
Miguelfv

"vikaslaxmi" wrote in news:1107592448.383873.273560 @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

IMHO, you need to dump the computer being the gateway device with crossover cables and the whole 9 yards and implement a NAT router as the gateway device. The router will provide the ICS for the LAN and will allow the machines to access the WAN and is a plug it up and go device with little or no configuration on your part.

A good NAT router is cheap now of days.

formatting link
Duane :)

Reply to
Duane Arnold

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.