blocking tcp port 1050 in sweex modem

Why go to one site? There are other sites, and they do return different results. I don't know I could rely on just one site telling me anything.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold
Loading thread data ...

If the router has a so called DMZ, then port forward the port to a dummy IP in the DMZ so that you can pass the test. If it doesn't have a DMZ, then use a PFW to just block the unsolicited packets that may come to the port on the router and to the port on the pc.

However, if nothing is listening on the port, like a program which most likely nothing is using that port, then it's kind worthless that you even do anything about it.

Reply to
Mr. Arnold

auditmypc gave the same result.

Reply to
peter

this port is open according to shieldsup,how can i block this is in my sweex mo250 modem/router? blocking this in my paspersky internet security prog does not work. tried to dig through the manual but have no idea how to do this..

Reply to
peter

OK, that's your first problem: This result is totally unreliable. Get a serious online port scan like

RTFM and configure it accordingly

For obvious reasons. But one should wonder why you're playing with baby toys..

Firmware update? Return for a found? Letting someone else RTFM as well.

Reply to
Sebastian G.

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.