Now the motherfuckers at Comcast are blocking port 110!!!!

X-No-Archive: Yes

Now those motherfuckers are Comcast are blocking outgoing calls to port 110. I get my Email through a service a 1 and 1 services in Germany, and find I cannot get through unless I sign on to my subscription anonymity service. Why in the HELL would they want to block outside mail services on port 110.

As I already said, if they want to block it, I will forced to use a subcription anonymity service to get around it.

Reply to
Borked Pseudo Mailed
Loading thread data ...

IIRC 1&1 (unlike Web.de, their sister company) don't allow POP3-SSL on port 995. Is using IMAP an option for you?

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

I had that same problem with Earthlink (I use 1and1 also). I called them (Earthlink) and got them to unblock it for me. Squeaky wheel and all that.

Reply to
ArtDent

Any clue why they would block 110?

Reply to
DevilsPGD

Maybe it's a means to force people to use the El servers and to keep people from pulling infected email from other servers?

Maybe the were trying to block external access to their POP servers and screwed up and blocked in/out access at the same time?

Reply to
Leythos

Spambots

Reply to
ArtDent

Spambots and cluelessnes, then... ;-)

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

Why would spambots care about POP3 servers?

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

Spambots don't. Clueless ISPs do - after all, Spambots are Email-related, POP3 is Email-related, so blocking POP3 will block the spambots.

Juergen Nieveler

Reply to
Juergen Nieveler

You owe my table a new edge.

cu

59cobalt
Reply to
Ansgar -59cobalt- Wiechers

right - gmail is also mail related - so they should also block port 80 and while they're at it: blocking dns 53 would _definitely_ stop all this spam nonsense. why didn't they think of that earlier ???

M
Reply to
mak

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.