How to make internal tube reflective?...tia Sal

Greetings, All

I have a tube which I would like to make the inside reflective. Does anyone know if there is a reflective type of spray or dip that I can coat the inside of the tube with to give it a mirror type of coating?

TIA sal

Reply to
sal
Loading thread data ...

Is this just for decorative purposes? What is the composition of the tube? What will you be doing with the tube afterwards?

Is silver or gold paint an option?

Reply to
pooua

You don't mention the diameter, length, material, what will be inside the tube, or it's use. Would a rolled cylinder of aluminized mylar inserted into the tube meet your requireements ? . Aluminum foil might work but it's hard to keep it smooth. I don't know of any paint whch will do a good job of making a rough surface smooth. There are white paints which are very reflective but also scatter the light.

Reply to
Louis Boyd

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

The composition of the tube is PVC 1 inch in diamter and about a 1 foot long. Would like to see what will happen if I add other mirrored pvc attachments at different angles and shine lights into it. Basiclly it's a large cheap fiber optic cable type of device using different types of lights.

It's just a test to see what happens nothing more.

I was thinking of mylar (like the shinny ballons) but it's to rigid and hard to get down the tube. Is thier a mylar paint?

TIA

Reply to
sal

You could vacuum coat the inside of the pipe, which would be fun if you have a vacuum chamber and associated equipment, but if you want it on the cheap, a piece of aluminized mylar film (maybe around 5 mil thickness, or so) could easily be cut, rolled up and inserted into the tube. It might even be better than aluminizing the inside of the pipe, which likely is not too smooth.

Joe

sal wrote:

Reply to
Joe

How about aluminum foil?

Reply to
Helpful person

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.