fiber microbend and strain analysis

hi. i am working on distributed fiber optic raman temperature sensor. since we are using gold coated fiber to measure high temperature, we found that there is large variation in temperature reading. this was not the case when we had used normal polyamide coated or acrylate coated fiber. we belive it can be either due to residual strain trapped in fiber while coating with gold or microbends introduced due to the same. however, i am not able to get any literature regarding the same. and some of the journals are not available for instance "Title: Microbending loss in optical fibers Authors: Gardner, W. B. Affiliation: AA(Bell Telephone Laboratories, Inc., Murray Hill, N.J.) Publication: Bell System Technical Journal, vol. 54, Feb. 1975, p. 457-465. "

can anybody help me approach the problem, and if possible send some related journal papers. thanking you in advance

yours sincerely C.Pandian Research Scholar IGCAR, INDIA

Reply to
chelliah.pandian
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.