Flawed fiber-optic imaging patent?

There's a patent claiming to image an object directly through a single fibe r. If true, that would represent a significant breakthrough over the use of a imaging fiber-optic bundle. A PDF of the patent can be obtained by click ing on the "download PDF" tab at this link:

formatting link

I have read and reread this patent several times and for the life of me can not understand what is being proposed. In my opinion, the patent is ambiguo us and faulty in its reasoning. Am I missing anything? Not surprisingly (imo), the company owning the patent describes its status as: "This patent is in a theoretical stage only and is intended to be used for transmitting images on fiber optics that might improve in orders of mag nitude today?s capacity of fiber optics to transmit images and data." So it seems there is no working model. I questioned its validity on several fi nancial forums devoted to the company and received a hostile reception by i nvestors (even though none seem to understand how it's supposed to work). A pparently, the awarding of a patent by the Patent Office conveys considerab le crdibility in the eyes of the average layman. Comments? How can a patent this flawed be awarded by the USPTO?

Tony

Reply to
va_tonyc
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.