Network switch crashes when at least 3 computers connected

I have an auto-negotiation 10/100 Mbps switch (Addtron ADS-1008i) and four computers with 100 Mbps network cards. When I have at least three computers connected to the network, the switch eventually crashes. It usually takes between 5 minutes to a few hours. The lights on the switch showing that computers are connected turn off, and then start blinking on briefly for a while, and then they turn off entirely. The switch sometimes starts working again if I unplug some of the network cables, and it always starts working if I unplug the switch and plug it back in. It doesn't matter which three computers are connected, or whether any of them are using the network. I have no internet connection on the switch - only the four computers. All of the computers run Slackware Linux. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

Reply to
Phil Carter
Loading thread data ...
[SNIP]

Buy a new switch.

best regards Patrick

Reply to
Patrick Schaaf

If it has sentimental value call Addtron and see how much they'll charge to fix it. Otherwise just toss it and get a new one.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.