Isolating Internet Users

Hi, newbie would like some help please.

I have a wireless network on a new static home camp site. It only has two campers at the moment, but this will increase in numbers over time.

My set-up uses a Linksys DD-WRT router with a directional type antenna pointing at the catchment area of campers.

ALL campers will have at their end, a Yagi Antenna pointing at the directional antenna, hooked up to a Edimax EW-7206AP, which is a Wireless to Ethernet converter.

Some campers will plug their laptop etc. directly into the Edimax, for their wired Internet connection.

Some campers will have a VOIP adapter in between the Edimax and their Laptop.

Some campers will have a VOIP adapter and then another Edimax acting as a wireless router (on a different frequency), so they can use their Laptop wirelessly.

And some campers will just have a another Edimax acting as a wireless router (on a different frequency), so they can use their Laptop wirelessly.

I am using Static IP addressing on my side of things and I use MAC filtering on everthing, including the campers Laptops.

The options on the Edimax are as follows - AP, Station, Bridge, WDS, and Universal Repeater Mode

Where I would like some help please is on knowing how to isolate each of the users from each other, so that they cannot infect each other if one of them got a virus, also to stop different users from looking inside other users PC's.

Thanking you in anticipation Mark in Spain.

Reply to
Anti-Spam
Loading thread data ...

In dd-wrt, navigate to the Wireless tab, then select the Advanced Settings tab, then about halfway through the first section is an option called AP Isolation. See if that does what you're looking for.

Reply to
Char Jackson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.