high availability and fiber channel

Hello,

This is the current situation

------------> |||||||||||||||||| -----------------> Firewall F.O. switch copper

I'd like to introduce high availability in this scheme by having 2 firewalls.

What would it take to avoid the SPOF keeping the switch introduces ? Said differently, how could I "split" the optic fiber so that each firewall would be plugged ?

The complete schema of my future setup is here :

formatting link
Thanks in advance,

Mikael Kermorgant

Reply to
mikael.kermorgant
Loading thread data ...

On 12.04.2008 15:32 snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote

formatting link

Just add a 2nd gateway to the internet. I.e.

/ The Internet \\ | | 1st gw-----------2nd gw |\\ /| | \\ / | | \\ / | | \\ / | | \\ / | | \\ / | | \\ / | | \\/ | | /\\ | | / \\ | | / \\ | 1st firewall--2nd firewall

Arnold

Reply to
Arnold Nipper

:

formatting link

Please forgive my ignorance but my question is just about technical details as I don't know how to handle a fiber connection. The trick now used is to put a switch with a SFP connector for this fiber.

Given I replace the actual firewall with 2 new with SFP connectors, I'd like to know if there's some passive way to mirror the incoming traffic to the second firewall (which is sleeping, ready to takeover). Or at least, what would the best way to handle this situation ? If I'll have to keep that switch, I'll be able to sleep with it :)

Thanks,

Mikael

Reply to
mikael.kermorgant

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.