Latest threads in Cisco Systemsshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Implementing DHCP client with INIT-REBOOT state as per RFC, 'requested ip address' in dot notation?
I am implementing DHCP client with INIT-REBOOT state as per RFC, in this state, it remembers its previously allocated IP address, RFC says "requested IP address option MUST be filled in with client's...

Multicast Limits
I wonder how many simultaneous video multicast streams a layer 3 switch can support (assumption one stream = 2 Mbps)? using only layer 2 (IGMP) source and receiver on the sme VLAN using layer 3...

General internet router and PIX firewall config questions
We have a Cisco 2621 XM internet router and a PIX 515E firewall. In the past we had an issue with not being able to access a certain web site correctly - turned out it was caused by a statement in the...

Can't Ping From Router
I have a cisco 1841 router at one of our locations. It's connected to our main location via T1 (Serial0/0/0 192.168.0.10), and has a Cable internet connection in one of the 2 ethernet ports...

1800 Router Internet not working after power failure
Last night and for the second time in 2 weeks we had a power failure in the office. When the power comes back on all our devices will power backup, the 1800 is no exception. The problem is that when...

Access to a intern WWW/SMTP Server
Hi all, i have a little problem with a ASA 5505 (Firmware 7.2(2)). What must i configurate the ASA 5505 then i will connect to a WWW Server from the outside to the inside of the network. The outside...

Console Port
I need to configure a DB-9 to RJ45 serial adapter for use with a roll over cable to connect to a Cisco 2514 router. Does anyone know the correct pinout for the DB-9 connector?

Cisco PIX 515E Bandwidth Issue
I've got a 515E, when I open a single download from a remote source ( at it gets about ~1800KB/s. I open a second and I get ~1800KB/, I open a third I get ~1800KB/s so every connection stays around...

SSH login problem
Hi everybody! I have a new cisco catalyst 2950 switch. I have upgraded today the IOS to support encryption and also I have enabled the SSH server on the switch. I'm trying to get connected to the...

InterVLAN routing issues
The company that I work for has a linked 3750 switch stack that was only working as a Layer 2 switch and sent all Layer 3 to a external 3745 router via sub-interfaces for inter-VLAN routing....

eBay: Cisco 2801 integrated services router
http://snipr.com/Cisco2801

Cisco VPN Client: No tray icon
Hi, I'm using the Cisco VPN Client (v. 5.0.01.0600) with Win XP SP2 to connect my PC to the network of my university. For several weeks yet, I notice that after a successful log-in the client doesn't...

l2tpv3 bridging question
3-dec Hello, I have an appilcation where I want to bring back (via bridging) 3 distinct private class C 10/100 LANs to a central location. The 3 LANs are at remote sites and I'd like to bring them...

How can i Upgrade my network to IPV6
some one help me to do that

Cisco ASA 5505 - please help
Hallo all! I'm planning big reconstruction on out office network. Regarding our plan I have few questions and please, if you can help, please do! Thank you in advance! Now we have HP Proliant ML350...