Wireless LED indicator doesn't work with Cisco MPI350 on my IBM T40

Hello everybody.

After having installed the mini-pci 350 Cisco WIFI-Wireless card, everything seems to run ok on my IBM Thinkpad T40 (apart from the battery management that I have to re-install) : I have the wireless connection, I can activate it (card ON/OFF) by the T40 Fct-F5 button

-> but the Wireless LED indicator is allways off !

I may need to install another IBM driver or application but, since my Win XP Pro SP2 is a new one (without IBM Access installed), I don't want to install any "not usefull" application :-) so is it related to CISCO's driver (I use the one from IBM website but I've seen a more upto date in CISCO's site but I don't know if this is ok for the T40 ?) ?

Thanks for any tip :-)

JYS

Reply to
JYS31
Loading thread data ...

You may wish to investigate:

Interpreting the Indicator LEDs

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Thanks Brad,

But, as it is said : "Note : Mini PCI cards do not have LEDs" :-(

"My LED" is the one on the Thinkpab laptop and it is always Off, even if the Cisco card may be turned On or Off by software :-)

Thanks again for any tip :-)

JYS

Reply to
JYS31

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.