Cisco Express 500 problems

I've being trying to get a Cisco Express 500 switch configured and working for a few days now and I'm confused as to why I can access the switch after I've configured it. I follow the directions and enter setup. That works well enough and I'm able to configure the switch with an IP address. After I save the config'd (I'm using IE though I get the same results with Firefox, both with Javascript turned on) and rebooted I can not access the switch via http://192.168.1.10/ (it's IP address). My machine is hard coded to 192.168.1.11 both with a mask of

255.255.255.0. I'm wondering if this is a VLAN issue. My devices on the switch are all in VLAN 1 (the switch default) but none of my devices are using 802.1q. I see the normal layer 2 traffic from the switch even packets saying that the switch port is in VLAN 1. Can anyone point me in the correct direction?
Reply to
Neil Cherry
Loading thread data ...

Strangely enough, make sure the time on your pc is not off by more than

30 m> I've being trying to get a Cisco Express 500 switch configured and
Reply to
jw

The laptop I used to configure the switch was set to GMT (dual boot), The router seemed to get the correct time (we're really EST). I just read the advisory, weird!

I'll try to upgrade it later today, I hope that helps. This is a very annoying switch. The other one I have mostly works. I had to add .1q to my other 2900XL switch to get those 2 to talk but my 7200 didn't have any trouble NATing port 80 for me to manage the CE500.

Maybe I'll trade it in on a 7600. ;-)

Thanks

Reply to
Neil Cherry

I've upgraded to seg2 and it fixes a lot of the problems but the IP address and time where messed up. I could select 192.168.2.221 for the switch address but I could select 10.168.2.221 (both with a mask of

255.255.255.0). I'd say the IOS need a good bug scrub. Also I can't fix the time. It fall back to 1993. I'll try again later.
Reply to
Neil Cherry

I just upgraded one of these to seg2, and now I cannot get into the Device Manager. It will not connect on port 80 or port 443, but I can still read SNMP data. The switch still seems to be functioning properly otherwise. Any ideas?

Kyle

Reply to
Kyle Evans

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.