VTP Problem

Hi everyone,

I've a strange problem with VTP.

I've a 4507 cisco switch that is VTP Server. One 2970 cisco switch (vtp client) is connected to this VTP server with a dot1q trunk. All works fine.

But if I connect a 3560 cisco switch (vtp client) to this 4507 switch, There's no synchronisation. When I do a "SHOW VTP STATUS", it shows Digest error.. !?!

In cisco documentation, Digest error refers to be vtp password problem but I've checked it one hundred times and I'm sure all is correct.

I've recently done another test : I've connected two 3560 cisco switchs, one VTP server and one VTP client. And all is ok !

It seems to be a compatibility problem between my 4507 and my 3560 switchs.

If someone can help me....

Thanks in advance.

Hub.

Reply to
anonipub
Loading thread data ...

try delete vlan.dat and start over, or set the switch to transperent mode, hence not in VTP talks

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

I've already tried this. No effect. It realy seems to be a bug.

Between the 4507 and the 3560 : same VTP domain, same vtp password. The

4507R is server, the 3560 is client. The 3560 has a revision number 0 and the 4507R a revision number 74 (normal). And no synchro... !?! always those digest errors in the status report... I don't understand...

We've done another test yesterday : we've connected a 2970 (as VTP client) between the 4507 and the 3560 and all is ok ! The problem is when we connect the 3560 directly to the 4507...

If you have an idea....

Reply to
anonipub

Make sure that you are using the same version of vtp on all switches; ie version 2.

Reply to
Mike' Newsgroups

scary ... I just bought 10 3560's ...

not really, besides TAC ...

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.