VPN problems

I have the cisco vpn client installed on windows xp. Other people in my company connect using the vpn to a pix without issues. I have the group and password and the client connects, but watching the statistics screen I see packets go out but no packets come in.

I know the client is connected, I just don't see anything. I have tried to connect to a variety of IP addresses and ports on the VPN side with no luck.

Any suggestions on what I can try next?

Mike

Reply to
Mike
Loading thread data ...

Also, the box is windows xp sp 2, the cisco vpn client is 4.0.8, and the pix (which is working for other people) is 6.5(3). I have also played with the firewall on xp, even turning it off with no luck.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

I think the issue may be that my linksys router/firewall is blocking the traffic inbound. I've set ports to redirect traffic to the pc and have put the pc in the 'dmz' so it is exposed, but no luck so far.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

It's most likely on the Pix side. Add the command "isakmp nat-traversal 20"

Reply to
Brian V

The PIX worked for other people in the company, but not me. Last night I replaced my Linksys BEFSR81 v1.0 with a Netgear VPN (forget the number). The VPN works now. I have plans to remove the PIX and replace it with another device, that's why I bought the non-Cisco replacement.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.