Change VPN transport on PIX 501

Hello all,

I've got a question. Now I'm using a pix 501 to access from remote to a local network. I use UDP transport. I've added nat-traversal option because my home provider use nat to get me out from MAN.

I've got a problem to access vpn from another customer. While a firewalling block all connections to outside VPN is not working.

VPN seems to be connected but de facto is not working. Cannot route outsite to remote LAN. Maybe due some blocked ports.

So, if I change VPN transport and set it to TCP on port 80 (80 for example, but I know this port is open) can works? How can I do it?

Can I have some problem with nat-traversal option?

Thanks Stefano

Reply to
Ste
Loading thread data ...

I am not certain if I understand correctly what you are doing.

It is not possible on the PIX 501 to access from outside to the PIX 501 and have the PIX 501 send your packets to the outside again.

For example, you cannot do this:

#1 === vpn === PIX #2 === vpn ===

where #1 and #2 are both outside the PIX.

You can have more than one VPN connecting to the PIX 501, but those VPNs cannot talk to each other through the PIX 501.

Reply to
Walter Roberson

No, simply

my remote internet side...have some tcp/udp port closed. So when i connect to PIX501 for VPN using transport UDP I cannot access to remote network.

So I want to move from UDP transport, to TCP trasport on a fixed port.

It's possibile?

Stefano

Reply to
Ste

Sorry, No.

If you were using a VPN3000 series instead of a PIX, then you could configure that to use TCP 10000, but the PIX does not support that.

You mentioned that you are using nat traversal. The only ports you need for that are UDP 500 and UDP 4500. Perhaps you could arrange to get those ports opened on the firewall?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Not possibile...and using a proxy? a socks server? anything similar?

Stefano

Reply to
Ste

I'm trying now.

VPN Client connects and goes on taskbar.

If I try to open a telnet on remote side i got failed. On statistics window of VPN Client i get this data:

Transparent Tunneling: Inactive Local LAN: Disabled Compression: NONE

Bytes Received: 0 Bytes Sent: 156

Packets Encrypted: 3 Packets Decrypted: 0 Packets Discarded: 3 Packets Bypassed: 350 (and this now continue to grow every seconds)

So maybe some closed ports make me not routing?

Thanks Stefano

Reply to
Ste
[Sorry, misconfigured newsreader. The above email address is no longer operational.]
Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.