VPN Client - some users can't connect

I have strange problem with VPN Client. At first all users from home were able to connect using VPN Client and past month or so, some users can't connect. I created new domain account (windows network) and given them for temporary use.

I checked all the user accounts setting for 2 users (1 can conect and other who can't connect) and everything is same.

What are the things I need to check?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
wizonline
Loading thread data ...

Have you verified that the problem is specific to the account, and not to the location (e.g., filtering by ISP or NATing by ISP)? Have you checked the OS patches in each case? Checked any relevant "personal firewall" software (including Windows XP's built-in firewall)? Is the same release of the VPN client in use?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

What device are your users connecting to via VPN? (ie: VPN Concentrator? Router? PIX?) If it's a concentrator, I would monitor the live event log while a user attempts to connect to determine where the error happens. I'm not sure what the equivilent would be on a router or PIX, but I assume there are debug commands for the router ("debug vpn authorization event" or "debug crypto ipsec" are two, I believe), and a syslog server to grep out the firewall logs, if that's what you have. Outside of that, I think you should also be able to monitor your Windows domain controller event log, assuming that the VPN authentication is forwarded there from your VPN access device, in order to see if the authentication is getting that far. I think more detailed information about your authentication scheme is necessary to help diagnose. One other thing: What error message does the user get from the client? If they don't have logging turned on at the client, have the user turn it on so you can get the most detail on the problem from their end. Hope some of this helps!

Gond

Reply to
Gond

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.