vpn client 4.6.01 crashes my PC

Hi, I'm having a problem creating a VPN connection to work. I can open the VPN client, but when I put in my login/password and click connect my PC immediately reboots.

After much searching on the internet I fixed this once before (months ago). But I had to reload my PC and I never wrote down what file I edited or what I changed (yes I'm dumb). Has anyone else run across this? I'm using client 4.6.01.0019 and my PC is a Compaq with Win XP.

Sincerely, Shawn

Reply to
homeyjoe
Loading thread data ...

Do you have something like a personal firewall installed? If yes, I think I know the culprit ...

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

I have the XP firewall turned on and another security suite provided by my cable company since I'm using their high speed internet. What do you think it is? A port that needs to be opened up?

Reply to
homeyjoe

No. The "security product" you installed and the client's own firewall engine probably do interfere. Deactivate "vsdatant" in the device manager, reboot and it should work.

Regards

fw

Reply to
Frank Winkler

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.