VPN Client Bypassing Packets

Hi,

I have a slight problem with my VPN connection using the Cisco client

4.6.01.0019. When I connect to the VPN concentrator I can authenticate with no problem and the tunnel comes up. The specified routes are shown for the connection, but no packets are being encrypted or decrypted but are being bypassed.

If I connect on my laptop using the same version of the client it all works correctly and I can hit the remote subnets.

Has anyone come across this before, or have any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks, Jo

Reply to
jo
Loading thread data ...

In article , jo wrote: :I have a slight problem with my VPN connection using the Cisco client :4.6.01.0019. When I connect to the VPN concentrator I can authenticate with :no problem and the tunnel comes up. The specified routes are shown for the :connection, but no packets are being encrypted or decrypted but are being :bypassed.

:If I connect on my laptop using the same version of the client it all works :correctly and I can hit the remote subnets.

Check whether perhaps the laptop has the split-tunneling option turned off but the other machine has it turned on.

Also, are the two running exactly the same OS? e.g., is the main system running XP with SP2 but the laptop perhaps has XP with SP1 ?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.