VPN Client and no Default Gateway.....

I am working on setting up a remote VPN Client on my laptop to test connecting to our ASA5505. I get an IP, DNS servers, Wins, etc. But, I don't get a default gateway.....I can't seem to find where to configure this either through the command line or through ASDM. Can anyone enlighten me?

Reply to
TimParker
Loading thread data ...

Hi Tim,

I am a bit rusty on the old ASA front but I can't remember setting this feature myself either.

When testing my VPN client to our VPN Concentrator I see that the VPN Head End has assigned me an IP address of 192.168.1.200 and my default gateway is the same. I acknowledge that this is not to an ASA but I would suspect the result will be the same.

What are you trying to do ?

I assume you have enabled features like split tunneling so that when the client authenticates to the ASA it knows which subnets to route across the VPN. Right click on the VPN padlock and select statistics and then route details. You will see what networks are secured. If this is

0.0.0.0 then all remote traffic is going to be tunneled, alternatively you may have specific subnet addresses.

Regards

Darren

Reply to
Darren Green

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.