V3PN compatible SP discussion

Is there any enterprise with IPSec based V3PN network built in the last few years? I ask because when I spoke with T-Com (Croatian part of DT) tech. representatives about our intentions to build Cisco powered V3PN based on DMVPN they simply refused to support such design because I ask them to provide me a proper QoS, but apparently they are "unable to provide me with the QoS unless I arrange an MPLS VPN with them". For me, this is idiotic, because me and my stuff are "armed" with enough knowledge and experience to build DMVPN (to save some money to our company) and we are willing to pay T-Com for some QoS to support VoIP. I don't want to pay extra money for MPLS+QoS support trough MPLS network+Internet access (another ISP).

Situation in other countries and there's providers? especially in Germany since they have T-Com or DT too. I'm curious because it seems that I have to look for the job at some SP's if I want to carry on with my networking carrier since SP's don't letting anymore enterprise or system integrators (we are in the system integrator business among the other things) to manage they WAN (or our customer's WANs). Only LAN's but not for long (because of VoIP)... And yes, I almost forgot, even if I decide to arrange MPLS with T-Com and have my own Cisco routers they don't let me not only to mark packets with the QoS marking I want, but they will not let me to even touch these routers (they will be pass. protected by T-Com) so I can only use them as the MPLS CE - not for anything else...

I'm interesting in your thoughts - both the users and SP's stuff...

B.R. Igor

Reply to
Igor Mamuzic
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.