DMVPN - Hardware Platform Question.

Hi,

My manager wants an investigation carried out regarding the implementation of a DMVPN to provide the links for our Lotus Notes Servers replication.

Is there a minimum spec on the hardware platform for using DMVPN? (we mostly have 2600 routers in the field)

thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave Ward
Loading thread data ...
2620 and above should do ya with the proper VPN mod.
Reply to
holleyc

Due to all of the bugs in DMVPN, you might very well end up having to use a 12.3 release.

So one of the things to check is that you have the pre-requisite memory of

File name: c2600-ik9o3s3-mz.123-17b.bin Min. Memory (MB): 64 Min. Flash (MB) : 16 Date Released: 09-MAR-2006

Reply to
Merv

As far as DMVPN bugs are concerned, I havent had much issues with 123 mainline, but 83x and 123T was a real pain. Minimum I would run with is

123(11)T. If you can run latest 124, do so.
Reply to
jmaimon

| As far as DMVPN bugs are concerned, I havent had much issues with 123 | mainline, but 83x and 123T was a real pain. Minimum I would run with is | 123(11)T. If you can run latest 124, do so.

Does 12.3T change/break something in the DMVPN support explicitly (compared to the 12.3 mainline) or is it just general unreliability with the 83x platform support?

Dan Lanciani ddl@danlan.*com

Reply to
Dan Lanciani

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.