Using SSH

Hi all,

Is it possible to use SSH to manage routers and switches with IOS IP only ?

Thank You very much

Best Regards NS

Reply to
ns
Loading thread data ...

In article , ns wrote: :Is it possible to use SSH to manage routers and switches with IOS IP only ?

Some, but not generally. There is often a distinct image that one has to load that has ssh support.

Your article-id suggests that you are in France. Since Cisco is a "foreign company" as far as France is concerned, would Cisco have to provide an ssh "back door" in order to satisfy the laws in France about foreign corporations being required to give their encryption keys to France ?

Reply to
Walter Roberson

ThankYou Walter for your answer.

i dont's understand your question about encryption in France. in France, the encryption is denied but not in this case...

Cdly NS

"Walter Robers> :Is it possible to use SSH to manage routers and switches with IOS IP only ?

Reply to
ns

I have two routers with 12.2(7r) IPBase image and they do not show the option SSH for "transport input".

Another router with AdvanceIPServicek9 shows me that option.

So I guess the IP image does not provide ssh connection.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

Thanks a lot DT

Cdly NS

a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
ns

IANAL, but it seems that there are no key-escrow type restrictions for importing devices running SSH to France.

However, export regulations of the USA subject SSH to special scrutiny, which is why SSH is only available in K9 classified images.

Check out

formatting link
"France used to have strong restrictions on import and domestic use of encryption products, but the most substantial restrictions were abolished in early 1999. Export regulations are pursuant to the Wassenaar Arrangement and controlled by Service Central de la Sécurité des Systèmes d'Information (SCSSI)."

Seems there was a big hulabaloo in 1997, but cooler heads prevailed.

Reply to
Phillip Remaker

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.