no "show ip route" on AP1230

My access points 1230 have IOS 12.2(11)JA1, and they do not understand the command "show ip route".

Does the command change to something else on the AP or do I have to upgrade the IOS ?

Thanks,

DT

Reply to
dt1649651
Loading thread data ...

An access point is a layer 2 device - therefore, it does not understand routing. What in particular are you trying to accomplish?

Reply to
Scooby

They aren't routers, they just point to a default gateway.

Reply to
Joe Matuscak

understand

understand

I could not access the remote tftp server ( the problem in fact was the firewall on the tftp server ) and tried to look for the settings of default gateway in the route table. So I tried "show ip route" and uh oh :-)

Thanks for the explanation.

DT

Reply to
dt1649651

Ah, then you'd use the 'ip default-gateway' command to specify your gateway. At this point, the device is more like a network client, not a router.

Jim

Reply to
Scooby

~ > > Does the command change to something else on the AP or do I have to ~ > > upgrade the IOS ? ~ > >

~ > > Thanks, ~ > >

~ > > DT ~ > >

~ >

~ > An access point is a layer 2 device - therefore, it does not ~ understand ~ > routing. What in particular are you trying to accomplish? ~ ~ I could not access the remote tftp server ( the problem in fact was the ~ firewall on the tftp server ) and tried to look for the settings of ~ default gateway in the route table. So I tried "show ip route" and uh ~ oh :-) ~ ~ Thanks for the explanation. ~ ~ DT

The specific command to set your default route in a non-routing IOS device such as an AP is "ip default-gateway w.x.y.z". So to see this, you could use:

ap#show run | include default-gateway ip default-gateway 192.168.5.1

If you don't have a default-gateway defined, then the device will rely on proxy-arp.

Aaron

Reply to
Aaron Leonard

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.