Sort class- and policy-maps

Wondering if there is any way to sort class- and policy-maps listed in the configuration based on the alfabet. I am dealing with large amounts of class-maps, and policy-maps, which are unlike named access- lists not sorted new class- or policy-maps are just added to the end of the existing list.

Reply to
DutchSEA
Loading thread data ...

You would I imagine have to delete them and re-apply them. Same with dial-peers GRRRRR!

Probably not to hard to write say a perl program to produce the required commands from a config file.

Rant alert!

Message to Cisco if anyone is listening. The Command line cofing editing tools are in my view looking clunkier and clunkier by the year. Time it was sorted out?

I have been spending more time on Checkpoint recently and it is such a chore to have to go back to making sure I have no typos on ACL names, hunting up and down config files for them, and the inability to put comments on ACLs edited with the new line number ACL editor is just beyond belief. (damn, it reminds me of my Comadore 64 - translated for global consumption [BBC really]) For those not in the know Checkpoint have a truely fabulous GUI config editor. It does end up back in a text file but it is almost never necessary to resort to using the direct editing tools.

Please wake up over there before someone else does.

Maybe of course it already done and one of Cisco's myriad of GUI offerings is actually OK. Maybe I'll never know:-()

Reply to
Bod43

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.