Use Microsoft VPN Client OUTBOUND through PIX 501

Group,

I'm trying to solve a problem for a friend.

She has a PIX 501 and needs to connect to a Windows VPN out on the 'net (so we're using the Microsft VPN Client). We can start the process - the VPN requests authenication - but it times out after entering the username / password. I can access the VPN in question from another site or if I disable the PIX. What do I need to do to allow the connection to proceed? Examples would be useful.

Many Thanks,

jbw

Reply to
James B. Wood
Loading thread data ...

fixup protocol pptp 1723

Reply to
Brian V

If he's having problems with PPTP, then he'll probably want to turn off the fixup for that protocol. James: is your friend using PPTP or L2TP for his Microsoft VPN client?

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

PPTP.

Currently there is no fixup for PPTP.

jbw

Reply to
James B. Wood

What rev of PIX OS are you using? Also, are you running the PPTP server on the PIX 501? I'm wondering if it's intercepting the return traffic for some reason... You might want to turn on debugging to get some more detail of what's happening. I don't know if 'debug vpdn packets' will give you passthrough VPN debugging or not. You could install ethereal and see how it looks when you connect successfully w/o the PIX in the way then compare it to the failure...

-Gary

Reply to
Gary

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.