upgrading the ios.

As long as you stay with IOS products it is a fairly straight forward, and well documented, process.

The Cisco 2500 series are a bit different, and the CiscoPRO series, an older OEM 2500, can be quite interesting...

Have fun!

-Wil

Trent wrote:

Reply to
Wil Schultz
Loading thread data ...

Hi Trent,

You may find the Cisco IOS Software Selector helpful:

formatting link
as well as the Cisco Feature Navigator:

formatting link
Sincerely,

Brad Reese BradReese.Com Cisco Repair Worldwide United Kingdom: 44-20-70784294 U.S. Toll Free: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 Website:

formatting link

Reply to
BradReeseCom

Is upgrading as simple as have enough flash and buying the image or is certain routers to old to ugrade. I was looking to upgrade to ver.12. I have looked oncisco's sight but with no luck on finding the anwser. I'm fairly new to cisco I have written easy config file but for upgrading ios I'm a newbie.

Any help Thanks Trent

Reply to
Trent

For the most part, it's making sure you have enough RAM and flash.

Reply to
Hansang Bae

In article , Hansang Bae wrote: :Trent wrote: :> Is upgrading as simple as have enough flash and buying the image or is :> certain routers to old to ugrade. I was looking to upgrade to ver.12.

:For the most part, it's making sure you have enough RAM and flash.

And money. I looked up the relicensing fee for the 2500 series a couple of weeks ago... it was more than the cost of buying a brand new

837 VPN Bundle. The 2500 is modular where the 837 isn't, but still I get the impression they are trying to discourage some of the older technology.
Reply to
Walter Roberson

Since when is the 2500 series modular??

-gg

Reply to
Cisco Fan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.