Turn off DHCP on a Cisco 806

I have a cisco 806 router, that has been recently reset with factory defaults.

Anyway, I think it seems to now be set to be a DHCP server, as the config shows...

! ip subnet-zero ip name-server 158.152.1.58 ip dhcp excluded-address 10.1.1.49 ip dhcp excluded-address 10.1.1.1 ! ip dhcp pool CLIENT import all network 10.1.1.0 255.255.255.0 default-router 10.1.1.49 ! no ip dhcp-client network-discovery lcp max-session-starts 0

How can I turn off the DHCP side of things? (Syntax pls if you have it.. i'm not great with networks nor cisco routers).

Thanks

Reply to
SiJP
Loading thread data ...

==> enter the following: conf t

not dhcp related

not dhcp related

no ip dhcp excluded-address 10.1.1.49

no ip dhcp excluded-address 10.1.1.1

no ip dhcp pool CLIENT

default ip dhcp-client network-discovery

not dhcp related

by the way, this is definitively not a factory default config.

regards andre

Reply to
Andre Janssen

Thanks Andre, I'll give this a go tonight when no one's on the network.

I didn't mention above, but the config file above has been changed since the reset - I think I read somewhere that DHCP is not turned on by default, so it's definately something we've added when reconfiguring.

However, a little knowledge can be dangerous (as I've rather ungracefully found out) so I didn't want to start pulling lines all over the shop before getting some advice.

Once the above have been changed, I'll be using our win 2003 server's dhcp.

Kind regards, Simon

Reply to
SiJP

good luck.hth

Reply to
Andre Janssen

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.