Thinking of getting an 1801

I have the opportunity to get an 1801 for a really good price (know a guy that works for Cisco...)

One of the main benefits is that it's got 8 10/100 ports as I need more than

1. I have DSL running to the house via fiber; so I've got no DSL modem, just a CAT-5 connection in the wall that plugs directly into my current Linksys router.

I assume that I can get the 1801 functional fairly easy... don't have any IOS experience, so if that assumption is incorrect, please advise.

Also, not sure I understand the difference between the 1801 and the 1801/K9. If anyone can clarify, it would be greatly appreciated.

TIA,

Lang

Reply to
Lang Murphy
Loading thread data ...

Hi Lang,

CISCO1801

ADSL/POTS router w/IOS IP Broadband

--------------------------------------------

CISCO1801/K9

ADSL/POTS Router with Firewall/IDS and IPSEC 3DES

New List Price: $1,495

Factory Authorized Refurbished, Fully Licensed/SMARTnet Eligible List Price: $1,115

formatting link

CISCO1801W-AG-E/K9

ADSL/POTS Router with 802.11a+g ETSI Compliant and Security

Factory Authorized Refurbished, Fully Licensed/SMARTnet Eligible List Price: $1,385

formatting link

2006 February, CPQRG

Cisco 1801 Selected Part Numbers and Ordering Information.

Page 30

formatting link
Found on the Cisco Product Quick Reference Guides, CPQRGs:

formatting link
Hope this helps.

Brad Reese Cisco IOS Software - Compatible Partner Matrix by Technology

formatting link
Hendersonville Road, Suite 17 Asheville, North Carolina USA 28803 USA & Canada: 877-549-2680 International: 828-277-7272 Fax: 775-254-3558 AIM: R2MGrant BradReese.Com - Global Cisco Systems Pre-Sales Support
formatting link

Reply to
www.BradReese.Com

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.