Netscreen 5XP Firmware...

Hello everyone,

I just got an old Netscreen 5XP as my company has replaced them (no more support offered by Juniper, the product is end-of-line, bye bye old firewall).

Given that it works perfectly, I decided to take it at home and to use it on my DSL here: the firewall works, but it has a very old firmware (4.0.0r2.0).

I tried to contact Juniper (I have my corporate account with them) but they're telling me that no matter what, given that the thing is end-of-line, I can't get the updated ScreenOS (not even paying them, I didn't try to bribe the support guy yet, but...)

Does anyone have a copy of a more recent ScreenOS for the 5XP I could upload?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ianosh

Reply to
ianosh
Loading thread data ...

That's odd, when I log into my Juniper account I can download 5.0.0r11 for the 5XP.

You said you contacted them, I assume you also tried logging in to the support site?

Triffid

Reply to
Triffid

Absolutely... I have my account, I have my product listed in there, but no downloads (unless I'm doing something stupid... If you write me privately I can give you my login account just to triple check that I'm not doing something absolutely idiotic).

The problem is that our corporate support account expired (that's when they decided to change the firewalls), and given that the product is EOL, when I contacted them, there's no way as far as the girl on the phone told me, to create a new one...

Basically, from December 19th, when the 5XP went EOL, they're only giving support to those contracts who haven't expired YET, but no renewals are possible.

Note, my account is with Juniper in the UK, and the pople I contacted are the sales and support team in the UK... I don't know if this is different from anywhere else in the world...

Thanks for helping...

Ianosh

Reply to
ianosh

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.