Telnetting into my router

I am having problems telnetting into a router on the outside of my firewall. When I try to telnet, it times out. I can see three SYN packets being sent to the router, and I see three RST-ACK's coming back. What would cause this? I have telnet allowed on the router. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Reply to
K.J. 44
Loading thread data ...

yes - you run NAT and you telnet get forwarded into the local lan instead of itselfs ?

Just a guess

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
K.J. 44

That doesn't appear to be it. There firewall is configured to with a default gateway to the router. when I do a sh xlate I can see the PAT translation.

So the > hmmmm that would make sense....

Reply to
K.J. 44

ok - in that case, if you fx have a Cisco router, a ACL might have been configured to allow access via telnet, the cmd's: line vty 0 4 access-class 10 in

with an ACL 10 configured will only allow what is in the ACL.

I must admint, I am not 100% sure if the router wil ldrop packet or sent you a RST So if you have ACL in router line vty, verify that the Ip you are presented with on the outside is allowed. Note that static NAT takes precedence over nat with global statement.

HTH Martin Bilgrav

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.