Symantec Ghost Multicast/Unicast

I have an issue with Ghost which I can't figure out. I can multicast images down to multiple client PCs in acceptable time. However, when I try to unicast from an single client up to the Ghost server I get ridiculous estomates of 70 hours and more... The Ghost server is patched into a 2950, that is connected to the client PCs with a 3550 by X-over cable. I spent a long time ensuring patch cables are good; all ports in all switches are in VLAN1; if I connect the client PC directly into the 2950 (with the Ghost server) then I get acceptable performance. Only when both switches are connected the performance suffers... Any ideas? TIA, Ned

Reply to
Ned
Loading thread data ...

Duplex mismatch? Both sides set to the right settings? I've seen countless transfer issues when default boxes are booted and there are speed/duplex issues..........

Reply to
Trendkill

I've seen these issues as well. As Trendkill suggested take a look at the interfaces of the uplink ports. You may have to manual set. Or maybe creating an trunk link between the switches?

Reply to
corb

typically you would observe duplex mismatch issues only in one traffic flow direction. This I have expericened several times. As you have a uplink between C2950 and C3550, this might be misconfigured. you can verify this by login to the switch and do "show interface status" on both switches the tow link-ports between the switches must run same speed and duplex. Also you could have duplex mismatch on server and/or client ports, which can be verified in the same manner.

HTH Martin

Reply to
Martin Bilgrav

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.