static ip dsl configuration on a 2811

I have a 2811 on a dsl line that uses nat and an ethernet lan pretty much like any $20 router. I have read these documents:

formatting link
now, I have configured the router to use the dsl modem issued by the dsl provider on the Fa0/1, which works fine, so I think the nat and the routing are all proper. The router has a wic 1adsl card in it however, and i would like to configure it to use that. The provider has told me that the pvc is 0/35 and the encapsulation is aal5snap, which I have configured on ATM0/0/0. Show interface ATM0/0/0 says "interface up, line protocol up" and show atm vc says there is a vc up also. I can't ping the gateway when the dsl card is used, so I must still be missing something. Here is the configuration of the ATM0/0/0 right now, shutdown because Fa0/1 is used instead at the moment:

interface ATM0/0/0 ip address nottheoutsideip 255.255.255.128 ip access-group 100 in ip nat outside no atm ilmi-keepalive dsl operating-mode auto pvc 0/35 encapsulation aal5snap ! !

The full config, actual ips and passwords removed, is also posted here:

formatting link
have seen other configurations that have the ip configured on a subinterface or in the pvc; is this what I need to do? If someone could point me to some documentation about how atm and dsl work I woud appreciate it a lot. Thanks.

Reply to
nick.schmalenberger
Loading thread data ...

Try ;

interface ATM0/0/0 no ip address ip access-group 100 in ip nat outside dsl operating-mode auto pvc 0/35 encapsulation aal5snap protocol ip no shut

Reply to
Merv

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.