STANDBY-3-DUPADDR

Any way to troubleshoot this error? Any idea what this is?

Apr 24 23:36:14 CDT: %STANDBY-3-DUPADDR: Duplicate address

192.168.24.4 on Vlan1 0, sourced by 00d0.015d.2ffc Apr 24 23:36:44 CDT: %STANDBY-3-DUPADDR: Duplicate address 192.168.57.4 on Vlan6 2, sourced by 0000.0c07.ac00 Apr 24 23:37:20 CDT: %STANDBY-3-DUPADDR: Duplicate address 192.168.82.4 on Vlan2 3, sourced by 00d0.015d.2ffc Apr 24 23:37:55 CDT: %STANDBY-3-DUPADDR: Duplicate address 192.168.18.4 on Vlan7 , sourced by 0000.0c07.ac00]

Thanks!

Reply to
Sarastra Maya
Loading thread data ...

On VLAN 6 and VLAN 7 it could be that the standby group is not the same on both routers running HSRP. VLAN 1 and VLAN2 are sourced with the same MAC address, so this is the same router. Looks like you have an VLAN 1 and VLAN

2 being bridged together somewhere.

Scott

Reply to
Thrill5

Classical case of loop at layer 2. Check your spanning tree configuration.

Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

Thanks guys!

I also want to point out that I have 3 core switches (running HSRP)..

Now this is very likely as Andrey pointed out ....spanning tree issue. I just need to know best way to fix it...now :)

Reply to
Sarastra Maya

Since you didn't mention complete network meltdown, my guess is it's some kind of transient issue. Make sure you don't have switches running with high CPU utilization, switches with more VLANs that they can support STP instances for, etc.

Here is nice article at cisco.com -

formatting link
Regards, Andrey.

Reply to
Andrey Tarasov

If the messages are intermittent then this is a spanning tree issue, and you are on the brink of a meltdown which **could** require some sort of network redesign to fix. If the messages are being spit out on a regular basis you have a configuration problem. To properly examine either issue you need to draw out you network (every network device) and label it with how its configured. If is a routed interface, put down the IP address of the interface, if its a switch port label it with the vlan number (or trunk). Also put together a list of VLANs and its appropriate subnet. Make sure everything is connected to what its suppose to and configured properly. The devil is in the details. After doing this, I'm sure you'll also find ways to simplify the network and make thinks better.

Scott

formatting link

Reply to
Thrill5

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.