any one have any experience with this new product?

Loading thread data ...

Since it is not shipping yet, my guess is that no one has much experience with this product.

Unlike others who throw a fit if they suspect a hidden commercial motive in a post such as yours, I'd like to thank you for pointing out something I might be interested in buying, if it lives up to its promise, and the price is right.

The website was slow to load, and I left wondering exactly how the system works. In particular: How does the remote notification work? What level of remote control is possible? What role does the required telephone line play?

Having the ability to use a mobile phone service to send text messages would be nice. With Virgin Mobile, you can have the service for $5 per month, and sending a text message is 10 cents, receiving is free. While I realize this would take some clever engineering, it nicely sidesteps a couple of problems. If the system is for a rental unit, you have to either use a tenant's phone line, or install a dedicated line. If you are worried about break-ins, a cell system eliminates cutting the phone lines as a way to disable the system.

Reply to
BrianEWilliams

Reply to
Dimbo Spams

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.