SIGTRAN and QoS...

Hi all, I am new in QoS and trying to apply it in two of my voice links. I have a voice circuit (1xE1) between our office and HQ in USA and another voice circuit (3xE1) with another branch. I have only voice and signaling traffic on the USA circuit and the encapsulation is HDLC. For the brach office the 3xE1 links are bonded by MLPPP and I have voice, signaling and data. I am using a thrid party device to compress the voice (G.729A) and signaling (SIGTRAN) and that device can put ToS bit in voice and signal packet. Now here is what I want to do..

1. For USA circuit I want to give higher priority to signaling by putting ToS bit in my compression device. Can the router detect that? Do I have to do any additional QoS configuration in the router?

1. For Brach office I want to have Signaling higher proirity, next voice and default priority to data. Same like USA circuit, I cam put ToS bit for signaling and Voice but as data is not passing through the compression device I cannot put ToS there.

It would be very nuch helpfull, if anyone can send some sample configuration or links to solve my problem.

Thanks in advance.

~/Dev

Reply to
Dev
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.